Monday, August 29, 2005

Creature Comfort



This is 'Tabby' our cat. While he shows little affection towards us like most cats, he does however amuse us occasionally (i.e. the dragonfly incident)

Take for example this picture, Tabby, is lying on his back doing what he does best; sleeping. 'Spread eagled' on the sofa with the remote controls, he may as well have been holding a beer can. This wasn't a one off "Quick, Tabby's sleeping in a comical position, get the camera!" type thing. Tabby lies in this posture, quite often.

Animals do the strangest and funniest things, I'd like to meet someone sometime who knows their stuff on animal psychology. It's pretty cute how if you shake the biscuit barrel - wherever Tabby is, he'll sprint towards the noise - knowing it's dinner time. Giving instructions to an animal that understands what you are saying I think is great.

I can expect for sure that dog owners reading this are currently thinking "You ain't seen nothing yet"

1 comment:

Agnes said...

(grinning)
I am the proud Momma of two quite geriatric cats. 14 and 15yrs old. We've had both since they were kittens. I think they get more affectionate with age. They do understand what you're saying. They just choose to respond when it applies to something they want. Selfish little currs to say the least.
I often wonder what they dream. They flip ears and twitch noses and bare teeth with all four feet moving in odd ways. Are they dreaming of chasing rabbits (my big cat's favorite thing) or are they dreaming of gnawing a hole in the veteranarian?