Monday, August 29, 2005

The Munch Hunt

Often is the case I enter the kitchen, often is the case that nothing can be found. Over the entire summer period I have tried my best to find anything edible between meal times, but just no such luck. At least, there is nothing that will satisfy me for a good hour, something decent. Cupboards, drawers, carrousels, containers, barrels and tins, all raided to the extreme. Zilch.

Alright, how can a kitchen feeding 3 people be so empty? It isn't. I'm a useless cook, actually, no - I'm not a cook at all. Here's what I can cook:
  • Chips
  • Pizza
  • Baked Beans
  • Fish Fingers
  • Noodles

That's about as complex as it gets, sure I can make up other dishes - tuna fish & mayonnaise being a popular choice, however, I absolutely adore rice, curries, chilies, stir-frys, stew and spaghetti dishes. I wish I could make them! Of course, the correct ingredients are needed before I slip on any oven mitts. If I can somehow learn a quick, easy dish that satisfies me - I'll be serving myself up light dinners in no time.

I think I'll go on a brief hunt for recipe books and contemplate giving something special a go. Being home alone often during the lunch period, brings me to the thought that I should really be a master chef standing in hell's kitchen by now...

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Tom...a little FYI...women think it is very sexy when a man cooks us dinner. A good dinner.

Get to reading those cookbooks!!!

Agnes said...

Ditto what Linny said.
My husband does the cooking around here. I can cook, and quite well...but I HATE it. He can make an omlette that will make your mouth water.
Omlettes...that's a good quick, easy snackfood.
Learn and learn well. You will be forever glad you did.

Irzan said...

Yes, it is very sexy when men cook for their parner ... :)

And you can never go wrong by satisfying a counterpart by cooking for him/her!

Hey Tom. Do you have any other online pictures of you? Would like to know you more, in a straight-version of course. :)

S. Jabbar said...

The best and funny sentence: I'll be serving myself up light dinners in no time.

t0meh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
t0meh said...

Picked up a book in the library today "My First Cookbook" - colour pictures and step-by-step methods :) Let the chopping, frying and tasting commence!

If it's sexy, I'm sure that'll provide me with needed motivation!

Pictures, pictures - I have a few in my online photo album actually! You'll have to copy each link into the address bar to view these :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/Tomeh/201694815_l.jpg

me

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/Tomeh/71303018_l.jpg

me top right, last years college course

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v40/Tomeh/Corfu066.jpg

and that is me on holiday ready to go out for an evening meal in Corfu, the Greek island.

Anonymous said...

Hey, dude, here's a cooking tip: get a crock pot. You dump a bunch of ingredients in the thing. Turn it on and it slow cooks it all day. When you get home at night, dinner's ready.

Food Network in the States used to have a great show called How To Boil Water. Basically it was cooking for dummies.

Don't get any on ya!
lee

t0meh said...

Hi lee cheers for the advice! Slow cooking sounds good, less rushing -good results! As luck would have it, we have one! We've had it for years although this is the first time I've seen it lol - shall give it a blast!