
The crazed insect had a wing span as big as an aeroplane's, it darted into the conservatory and I made a run for it. I was having nothing to do with that thing!
I don't have a clue why the dragonfly (circled red in picture) was at all interested in our house, there wasn't any water nearby - perhaps it was on vacation. Anyhow, my cat took deep interest, just like any small creature that moves at a rapid pace.
The cat certainly had patience, just like a predator, he waited in that position for roughly ten minutes. I was watching from closed glass doors, no way was I going in there. Myself and my brother, rolling on the floor whilst clutching our stomach's with laughter.
Just as our cat finally gripped the dragonfly between it's heavy duty jaws, the phone decided to buzz in on the action. My brother answered and passed the receiver to me, I was very tempted to snatch the phone and say something along the lines of "What?!" and "Call me back!" or "Not right now I'm busy!" As the cat and dragonfly situation, was providing full entertainment.
It turns out the man at the other end, happened to be an employee of Centre Parcs (A holiday resort)
He asked if I was still interested in a job I had applied for some weeks ago. My intention at the time, was to work full-time during this summer period - sadly we are near ending this summer, so part-time it is. We sorted availability for an interview, and my interview is just less than 4 hours from now - let's see how it goes!

3 comments:
1) LOVE the photo. Happy cat!
2) Dragonflies are good, not bad. They don't bite and they are beautiful. We used to let them land on us at the lake. Take in their magesty. (prior to becoming kitty-lunch anyway)
3) GOOD LUCK on the interview. You'll do great!
1) :) he certainly was happy he had found both a new toy and food.
2) Indeed they are beautiful creatures, this one was so big though I couldn't help but think "Oh my god what is that coming towards me at break-neck speed?!"
3) Thanks very much! It went alright I think/hope. lol
LOL I went back and looked at the pic again. Yes, that dragonfly looked like a small bird. YIKES.
Post a Comment