Saturday, September 24, 2005

Bus Number 13

Sprinting with my bag constantly slipping off one shoulder and then the other. That is what it's always like at the end of a college day to catch the 'on the hour' bus. Chasing, running and sheer desperation to get to that bus stop.

Usually, I get to my destination on time - yesterday was no exception. This time I was getting on from the town centre rather than the road 5 minutes from college. So, thinking I couldn't use my bus pass (as I was rejected in the past and kinda wanted to avoid causing a quarrel) I paid for a single ticket home. I predicted it would be cheap but actually, I ended up forking out £2.80 ($5) - which was all I had on me. My friends boarded the bus shortly afterwards and each paid £0.75 ($1)

I couldn't believe it, I'm so poor right now and the simple bus home had rinsed my pocket of any possible life. Why?
I approached the bus driver while he was having a smoke and asked if I could have a refund, to which he said some bollocks like "Sorry mate I've already issued you a ticket" Turns out I had an adult ticket which I hadn't asked for!

I find it hard to get over that sort of stuff for a short time, all I want is equality. Why should one person pay 5 times more than the other? It seems silly I know, but that was money for...Well...Food basically.

Three stops later, the bus pulled away from a stop just as a boy I knew was running towards it - he had just missed this monstrous vehicle by a fraction. I turned and gazed at him as he stood alone in the rain, forced to wait a painful hour, his folder acting as an umbrella.

No matter how much bad luck you have, there is always someone who is worse off.

Stop complaining Tom...

7 comments:

wsmith8 said...

Sony debuts Vaio FJ in red and blue
Sony's Vaio FJ in basic black and white not doing it for you? Then check out the red and blue versions, which Sony will ship in at least some markets early next year.
It's good to see a great blog! What a very good job!

We have a website about Stock Pick also Stock Pick and other interests.

We would love for you to check us out when you have time. Keep up the great work!

t0meh said...

I would say 'thanks' but I fear you didn't actually read that post, you lie!

Lindsey said...

lol! Tomeh, I say it's about time you turn on your word verification and tell the spammers to bugger off.

That really sucks about the bus. It's not fair! But people always seem to try to take advantage...

Noreen said...

Lol!Attacked by bots!That's exactly why I had to put the word verification shit on my blog.Ah well.

ANYWAY,
"No matter how much bad luck you have, there is always someone who is worse off."

Dude,I remind myself that *all* the time when I can't afford to buy that top on display :-(

Shan said...

I was trawling through blogs just simply because I'm bored & still waiting for a reply.

Anyway, I chanced upon your entry where you asked if there's equality? Sadly & truthfully, the answer is no. There's never fairness in the world, the world just ain't fair.

In Singapore & maybe any parts of the world, there's discrimination of races just because of the skin colors. What makes it worse, Singapore is a multi-racial city yet it'll never be vibrant like she yearns to be because of the shallow-minded people so screw them.

Equality just doesn't exist. Humans are just too reluctant to make equality possible.

Ok, I'm talking so much.

Agnes said...

Rule 1, never say thank you to spam.

Glad to see the word verification. :)

You know, I've been trying desperately to get that very point across to a friend of mine for YEARS. It's good to know some people have perspective.
For the record, if you're ever having a bad day - my best friend is having a much worse one. She'll actually compete with you to prove it too! LOL

t0meh said...

Yeahh word verification time :)
Thanks for your comments,it is just one of those things - everyone has a bad day!